Topic 1: Aesthetics

Go down

Topic 1: Aesthetics

Post  Admin on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:07 pm

AESTHETICS (asz THET iks)
1. The criticism of taste
2. The sense of the beautiful
3. Having a love of beauty
4. (plural) A branch of philosophy that provides a theory of beauty and the fine arts

In common usage, this refers to the large and general sense of a person's taste. Preferences of color, form, content and scale add up to a person's aesthetic.

There is an element of culture and experience in aesthetics. While it is probably true that people all over the world equally enjoy a sunset or a bouquet of flowers, we have different ideas about what tastes good, sounds pleasant, and functions best.

Describe something that you find beautiful, and explain what it is about it that makes it beautiful.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 1: Aesthetics

Post  jimmycar on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:45 am

Something beautiful; when otis or eric hit a sideline off a 28/29 sweep, that is true beauty because it's always a touch down.

jimmycar

Back to top Go down

Beauty Review

Post  Jihad S on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:47 am

When i shake a defender on the field and run for a 75 yard touchdown. The stands will be going crazy, chanting, "hootie hootie hootie!!!!" Very Happy . Thats the most beautiful thing in the world!

Jihad S

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric D on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:48 am

Something beautiful to me is when I score or anybody on my team after a like 50 yrd run but it has to be a few broken tackles and a few shake that leave the defenders shoe laces untied and I end it with a unforgettable touchdown celebration.

Eric D

Back to top Go down

yeah

Post  Jamison on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:49 am

I find the Mona Lisa to be beautiful. It is one of the most detailed pictures ive ever seen and i respect the amount of time put into it. The woman shown in the painting appears to be very beautiful.

Jamison

Back to top Go down

What I Think Is Beautiful

Post  Samantha on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:50 am

I think that the ocean is beautiful. The beach is beautiful because it is calming and makes relaxing sounds as the waves break. You can watch the sun set and rise and the colors it casts over the sky. You can see little sea critters and sometimes beautiful people on the beach. sunny

Samantha

Back to top Go down

Italy

Post  greg on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:50 am

I find that Italy is beautiful because it is full of rich history and culture. the countryside of Tuscany can be so quite and relaxing. also the coast of italy is magnificent.

greg

Back to top Go down

Post  alyssa b on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:53 am

I think St. Thomas island is beautiful. St. Thomas has the clearest water iv'e ever seen in my life. You can do a bunch of activites like go to the beach, snorkel, parasail and alot more. Very Happy This island's water is so clear, that you can pretty much see through it. The water is also very blue, compared to the beaches and water here in Jacksonville. St. Thomas island is one of the most beautiful places iv'e ever been to.

alyssa b

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Fur on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:53 am

Hunting is what i think is beautiful because when your out in the field or in the tree stand in the early morning or late in the afternoon you get to see things most people don't get to see. for example, you get to see deer grazing in the fields and you can see turkey walking around. you get to see the fog roll in and you get to see an amazing sun rise and sun set. that is why i think hunting is beautiful.

Matt Fur

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia T on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:54 am

I find wolves beautiful. The majestic movement of their defined, powerful, quick legs strutting in graceful, proper poise is to be desired by every young lady. While some women take etiquette classes or ballet to be so graceful, it is innate to wolves. The slickness of their fur coat, so sheer and brilliant, not wild or curly or unruly, is eye catching. The strut of their hips and shoulders depict every ounce of confidence imaginable. They know they are the majesties of the wild. Although they are almost too frightening amazing to look at, their innocent, motherly, protective face shields the cunning hunter they are. They are masters of deceit. Their howl is a howl of strong, masculine warning. Wolves are a family. They attack in packs or alone. They are warriors of the wild. Their hunt is like a dance of grace, the epitome of everything perfected.

Olivia T

Back to top Go down

smile(:

Post  Becca M. on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 am

Smiling, because seeing other people smile makes you happy (:
and happiness is beautiful. Very Happy Being happy is like a warm fuzzy feeling with love. Everyone's smile is unique in their own way.

Becca M.

Back to top Go down

Flowers

Post  Mary K on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 am

Flowers are beautiful, because they all have their own unique style, fragrance, and personality. There are many colorful and types of flowers from all over the World. They are not only good to look at but smell, and wear...etc. It's one of God's most beautiful thing that he have created. flower

Mary K

Back to top Go down

Review

Post  Nic Duch on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:01 am

I think a 2010 Camaro is a beautiful car. It is beautiful because of the structure and varying colors. Also because when you drive it, it is smooth and fast with no problems. I also admire this car for the sight and sound of the engine

Nic Duch

Back to top Go down

Post  Trent Ki on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:03 am

I find that Africa is beautiful because it is rich with life and its abundance of plant, human ,and animal life all trying to coexist in just one area or actually many areas around the entire continent.

Trent Ki

Back to top Go down

Post  Keoni F on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:03 am

I think the most beautiful think that I have seen would be the hawaiian beaches. The beaches are so nice, calm, and peaceful. The water has a beautiful color to it. It is a place that you can get away from everything and clear your mind and all thought. It is also a place to chill and have fun at.

Keoni F

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 am

I think wake boarding is beautiful because you get all sense of control of the water

Scott

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace F on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:14 am

Tyler Hansbrough. Some consider him a freak of nature who is exceptionally good at basketball, and some just can't stand him. However there are individuals like myself, who love this said 'freak of nature' to death. He played 4 years of basketball for UNC and lead their team to a national championship his senior year in 2009. I find Tyler Hansbrough beautiful. Why you might ask? He just has everything: a good attitude, defined and cut muscles, and his hair flows ever so frothy when he runs. His beautiful blue eyes glisten in the sunlight, and in the lights of an arena during a game. Ne keeps his cool , and when he leads his team to victory, there is always his little smile that shows after the final buzzer goes off. I have seen him play in person, and he is every so more beautiful than he is in the picture posted above. Tyler Hansbrough is the definition of BEAUTIFUL. I love you

Grace F

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down