Topic 3: Contrast

Go down

Topic 3: Contrast

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:35 am

CONTRAST (KON trast)
1. To set in opposition in order to show or emphasize difference
2. A striking dissimilarity between things being compared
3. The use of opposing elements such as colors, forms or lines in proximity to produce an intensified effect

Contrast clarifies and heightens an effect. To make a white paper brighter, place a black mark upon it. Punctuate the silence with a scream, a dark room with a candle, and bland tones with a spot of intense color. Contrast is used to draw attention to an area, or to provide stability or clarity to a composition.

Contrast can exist in many realms at once. A thick, jagged, curved black line contrasts with a thin, smooth, straight red line.

We locate and define ourselves through contrast. We compare ourselves to what we are not, we are usually attracted to those who are dissimilar to ourselves. We would be lost without contrasts, life would be boring and dull.

So with all that in mind, I want you to think of a close friend or relative. Describe a way in which this person significantly contrasts with you. You do not need to identify who he or she is by name.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 3: Contrast

Post  kenneth on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:20 am

The person who completely contrasts me wold have to be one of my friends hes a total jocks and i just sit at home and play video games until the soccer season starts Twisted Evil lol!

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Presley on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:23 am

My cousin has a mullet, while I have a shaved head. My cousin has 8 cats, while I have two dogs. My cousin is half a year younger than me.

Presley

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:23 am

Devin Roberts contrasts with me the most, physically and mentally. He is tall with dark hair and he is pretty darn ugly. I am the exact opposite. Devin has more fingers than brain cells. I'm not a genius, I'm just average brained. But we both are violent, like to surf and go to the beach, want to be a lifeguard, and both evil. MUHAHAHAHAHA Evil or Very Mad

Michael

Back to top Go down

CONTRAST

Post  RILEY on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:24 am

My mom is very different from me. She has lame jokes. My jokes are funny. Though we look alike we act very different. She loves kids and brings them home after her work. By the way she works with kids and is a teacher. I like kids but the ones she brings home are lame boring and annoying. She is very uptight and clean. My room will have one shirt on the floor and she will YELL. WE ARE VERY DIFFERENT!!!!!

RILEY

Back to top Go down

Contrast Thingy

Post  Chris on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:25 am

Me and me mom are contrast. For one shes old and boring. And she looks nothing like me (I look like my dad).

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:26 am

My cousin, who lives in the Marshall Islands, is very aquatic. I live in Florida and rarely go to the beach. My cousin is fit by swimming and working out daily. I get fit by... wait a minute.

Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:30 am

The person who contrasts with me the most is my boyfriend, Nick. He's really muscular and I'm not. He doesn't have braces, I do. He loves baseball, I hate it. He hates soccer, I love it. When he first meets people he's out going, I'm really shy. I love going shopping, he'd rather not. He HATES chocolate, I LOVE chocolate! He can't catch food in his mouth but I can. We are different, but we get along. <3 Very Happy

Taylor

Back to top Go down

hi

Post  devin on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:31 am

Michael Leonard is very very different from me he is about 3 feet shorter than me he has blonde hair and i have brown hair he is way smarter than me he is donkey butt ugly on a great day. unlike me we are both very egotistic and have evil thoughts we both like to see others in pain we both want to be lifegaurds and we both love surfing. Very Happy Cool Smile Very Happy Smile Cool Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked confused confused confused ...... confused ................. confused ................................................ affraid

devin

Back to top Go down

Contrast-Madison

Post  Madison on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:34 am

My best friend contrasts me. She is taller than me and she loves to read. I only like to read when I have to or when I find a really good book. She is more outgoing than me and she is not afraid to stand up for herself. She is in band and I don't even play an instrument.

Madison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down