Topic 1: Aesthetics

Go down

Topic 1: Aesthetics

Post  Admin on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:08 pm

AESTHETICS (asz THET iks)
1. The criticism of taste
2. The sense of the beautiful
3. Having a love of beauty
4. (plural) A branch of philosophy that provides a theory of beauty and the fine arts

In common usage, this refers to the large and general sense of a person's taste. Preferences of color, form, content and scale add up to a person's aesthetic.

There is an element of culture and experience in aesthetics. While it is probably true that people all over the world equally enjoy a sunset or a bouquet of flowers, we have different ideas about what tastes good, sounds pleasant, and functions best.

Describe something that you find beautiful, and explain what it is about it that makes it beautiful.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 1: Aesthetics

Post  bradley on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:39 am

Peanut butter is quite beautiful. because it fills the cracks in your heart. especially crunchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! afro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

bradley

Back to top Go down

Beauty

Post  Josh on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:39 am

I think that the grand canyon and other natural wonders are beautiful. afro <= Afro man is also beautiful. afro

Josh

Back to top Go down

What I think is beautiful.

Post  Kat Berg on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 am

Something I think is beautiful is art. I find art to be beautiful because it's an expression of who you are as a person. You can paint or draw anything you want, it's your creation; it's anything and everything around us.

Kat Berg

Back to top Go down

music

Post  mirandaW on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 am

I find music beautiful because everything is completely unique, and raw. you can add whatever you want to it and even just the musical part of a song can express what is difficult to articulate. especially heavy music, I find that beautiful in its power/aggression and ability to convey any message and it gets through. folk music is great because of the different cultural feelings and sounds incorporated into a light song, filled with symbolic lyrics.

mirandaW

Back to top Go down

Post  cohen r on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 am

I thinks surfing is beautiful because is peaceful and relaxing and awesome. afro lol! flower elephant study jocolor geek scratch queen king farao cherry santa rendeer albino sunny Sleep drunken bom cheers Basketball rabbit confused affraid pig monkey cat alien pirat tongue silent pale clown cyclops @ No What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you Neutral Arrow Idea Question Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Surprised Sad Smile Very Happy Mad Laughing Cool Shocked also smiley faces are beautiful

cohen r

Back to top Go down

Post  Erik on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:49 am

Mountains are beautiful. they look amazing in their immense size and the view is amazing from the top of one.

Erik

Back to top Go down

Post  wesley c on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:50 am

I think that the Red Rocks of Sedona are pretty awesome because they're giant red rock formations. bounce

wesley c

Back to top Go down

Taylor Lautner is Beautiful! : )

Post  Elizabet on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:52 am

When i think of beautiful my mind goes to Taylor Lautner. He is the most attractive guy on the earth. He has a gorgeous face and a nice fit body. Even with out his looks he is still a beautiful person on the inside. He is kind, caring and thoughtful. He has an amazing smile that will melt your heart and looks like a true American boy. Taylor looks good no matter what he is wearing or how his hair is going. He is like a truly perfect looking man. There has never been a bad picture of him in any magazine or poster.

Elizabet

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda L on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:55 am

I think the Rocky Mountains are pretty because you get to see the true nature of this world. The views they give are breathe taking and something anyone would enjoy.

Amanda L

Back to top Go down

Little Sweet Thang

Post  Michelle on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:56 am

I Find the Rumble Bee beautifull because they are eye catcher's on the road & they have alot of power. The Rumble bee is my favorite vehicle.

Michelle

Back to top Go down

lil country

Post  hannah on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:56 am

F-350s are beautiful because of the power and the loads they can carry. Also my favorite color in the 350 is yellow because it stands out and adds to the astetics. Ford F-350 is the perfect truck for me.

hannah

Back to top Go down

oceans

Post  jacob h on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:58 am

My opinion of beautiful is something natural something that God made. Here in this photo is a picture of marine biologist researching in the ocean finding new animals and helping the existing marine animals that live there. There is still 90% of the oceans haven't been explored yet so there is so many more opportunities to discover more beautiful thing God created. As you can see in this photo all of the different instruments they use to study wind and current.

jacob h

Back to top Go down

Taylor Lautner = GORGEOUS

Post  Brittany on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:02 am

My opinion of beautiful is Taylor Lautner! He is basically the All-American guy! Smile He is a very caring person, he loves his family. He is very athletic and does all kinds of sports! He is perfect in every way possible, he is extremely fit and attractive! He loves his family and he is a Christian! Oh Bonus! Well yes, he is a all around great guy and all the ladies love him!! He is extremely attractive! Go Team Jacob! <3

Brittany

Back to top Go down

Post  Shelby M on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:27 am

I think the Grand Tetons in Jackson Hole, Wyoming are beautiful. They are beautiful because there are no other mountains like this in the world.

Shelby M

Back to top Go down

vfvv

Post  REED M on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:30 am

Jessica Alba is beautiful. She has amazing skin, and her toned body is beautiful. Jessica Alba has the ideal image for todays society.

REED M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down