Topic 8: Collaboration

Go down

Topic 8: Collaboration

Post  Admin on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:46 am

COLLABORATION (ko lab e RAY shun)
1. A joint intellectual effort
2. Treasonable cooperation with an enemy

To elaborate is to extend an idea; to co-laborate is to do so with partners.

In order for a collaboration to work well, dialogue must be precise throughout the design process. Definitions are clarified before the dialogue begins, with the understanding that the improved quality of the communication will justify the time spent in getting the language clear from the beginning.

In a sense all artwork is a collaboration between form, materials, workmanship, and content.

The honesty and straightforwardness that is essential to proper collaboration is a natural outgrowth of respect between parties. Respect for ideas requires a level of clarity that does justice to the ideas being presented.

For example, "If I respect your contribution to a project, I'll persevere until I fully understand what you're thinking. If I want your reaction to my ideas, I'll be certain I've described them accurately."

This kind of dialogue, which is inevitable when collaborating with others, can be internalized when working alone. Each of us listens to many voices as we approach a design challenge and we should use the same guidelines of clarity, honesty, and intellectual rigor when we talk to ourselves.

Describe a time when you collaborated with others on a project. How successful was the collaboration? What contributed to its level of success (or failure)? How comfortable were you with working with others on this particular project?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 8: Collaboration

Post  cohen r on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:50 am

I was in eighth grade and i was working on a Bible project with some friends. the teacher found out and said we were cheating and gave us all detentions.

cohen r

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:52 am

a time i collaborated with someone was in my english class when we were discussing Beowulf. the collaboration was successful but for the most part only 2 people out of the group of 4 did anything. so collaborations work when everyone takes part in the project.

Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:54 am

I had to collaborate with others for an ASL project. The collaboration was successful because we all worked hard together and got an A on the project. I was fine with working with the other people too.

Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheney B on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 am

I collaborated with my English class this morning by the whole class working together to complete the study guide. This collaboration went very successful. This contributed because everyone was helping everyone as a class. I was comfortable because I was helping and everyone needed answers just as much as me.

Cheney B

Back to top Go down

Post  miranda on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 am

being in a band, I collaborate with my bandmates in writing or playing songs. it requires suggesting ideas and changing things to make the song just right, experimenting, retrying, etc. if nobody plays new music or writes lyrics and vocals, or at least tries to add to the piece, we will get nowhere. we have written a few songs, but one of them was most successful because everyone contributed ideas and worked hard on getting the difficult parts down. other songs are less involved because less time was spent on them, and less ideas experimented with. it was/is comfortable working with the people in my band, because we are comfortable around each other, and it's fun writing music with them, especially when it sounds good.

miranda

Back to top Go down

Project

Post  Michelle on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 am

One day in English class Brittany Foster and I recreated a story. We shared our idea's and put together a great story. We shared different words and phrases with each other. This project was very successful.

Michelle

Back to top Go down

collaboration

Post  Erik B on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 am

I collaborated with others on team challenge day in bible class. We worked together to successfully complete the team challenge. I was comfortable working as a team with others. Our teamwork and cooperation helped us to succeed.

Erik B

Back to top Go down

Project

Post  Hannah on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 am

In math class yesterday me and Tyrese collaborated on the math homework. This went over very well because he did certain problems and I did others so in the end we finished the whole worksheet. This was effective because I didn't know how to do certain things on the homework and Tyrese knew how to do others. I like doing work this way because it takes less time and its more fun working with friends. (:

Hannah

Back to top Go down

working with the slow kidd who is wrong :)

Post  Elizabet on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:02 am

when i was working on a project in 7th grade my friend and i had to make a poster for the science fair on plant growth. we each had our own ideas on where to put the plants and they didn't work with each other. So we argued over why we thought our idea was better. Finally we decided that we would put half of them in her spots and half in mine. The collaboration was successful because we had a variety of place where the plants where placed and where they could be grown. I was comfortable with working with my partner cause we had been friends since we were little kids and i knew that she only meant good with her contributions.

Elizabet

Back to top Go down

Post  cohen r on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 am

The collaboration effort was a huge fail because the teacher found out and got us in trouble. I was comfortable working with my friends.

cohen r

Back to top Go down

Post  b-fos on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:06 am

ok so yesterday me and Michelle Stephen had to work on a english project. We did very well and got a A+ on it, we worked very hard and work good together.

b-fos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down