Topic 8: Collaboration

Go down

Topic 8: Collaboration

Post  Admin on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:47 am

COLLABORATION (ko lab e RAY shun)
1. A joint intellectual effort
2. Treasonable cooperation with an enemy

To elaborate is to extend an idea; to co-laborate is to do so with partners.

In order for a collaboration to work well, dialogue must be precise throughout the design process. Definitions are clarified before the dialogue begins, with the understanding that the improved quality of the communication will justify the time spent in getting the language clear from the beginning.

In a sense all artwork is a collaboration between form, materials, workmanship, and content.

The honesty and straightforwardness that is essential to proper collaboration is a natural outgrowth of respect between parties. Respect for ideas requires a level of clarity that does justice to the ideas being presented.

For example, "If I respect your contribution to a project, I'll persevere until I fully understand what you're thinking. If I want your reaction to my ideas, I'll be certain I've described them accurately."

This kind of dialogue, which is inevitable when collaborating with others, can be internalized when working alone. Each of us listens to many voices as we approach a design challenge and we should use the same guidelines of clarity, honesty, and intellectual rigor when we talk to ourselves.

Describe a time when you collaborated with others on a project. How successful was the collaboration? What contributed to its level of success (or failure)? How comfortable were you with working with others on this particular project?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

jimmy c

Post  nightfall on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:08 am

I collaborated with max and patrick hardie on a ASL2 video. We had to make a video for a project grade, in which we advertised an item and tried to sell it by signing. We got an F. This was an epic failure and we probably should of had a girl in the group for organiziition. I think that's why we failed

nightfall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

collaboratin

Post  jamison on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:15 am

I had to use when i did a group play in 7th grade. We all worked together to make the play good. It took a group effort and everyone cheered at the end.

jamison

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 8: Collaboration

Post  Furball on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:16 am

I collaborate with my neighbor on trying to find the best spot to fish in ponds around our houses. We are almost masters but we sometimes end up going to the wrong spot.

Furball

Back to top Go down

Post  Furball on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:21 am

I collaborate with my neighbor on trying to find the best spot to fish in ponds around our houses. We are almost masters but we sometimes end up going to the wrong spot. I am happy with my progress.

Furball

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia T on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:22 am

I have collaborated with others when I served at I.M. Sulzbacher. Two to three people were told to perform certain tasks. My job was to crack several dozens of eggs and poor them into a large pot. I did this with a varying one to two other person(s). It went well. We respected each others space and focused on the task, not conversation. I was very comfortable with working with my partner(s), because they were mature and taking our task seriously. We moved at a fast, consistent pace. It was a success.

Olivia T

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATION

Post  Mary K on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 am

In eighth grade for a History project, I collaborated with two other people. It was awful! One person didn't do anything and the other kind of help, and so I was uncertain. I felt uncomfortable because I knew we would do bad since we started late.

Mary K

Back to top Go down

Collaborations

Post  Jared R on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 am

I once collaborated on a anatomy project with cheney, scott bledsoe and katie. On the project we had to either write a poem consisting of a certain amount of bones in it or right a story using a set amount of bones in the story. Needless to say the project was horrible i did all the work while the others did nothing.

Jared R

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca M. on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:26 am

I collaborated with Shea for a school project on China, and we got a A for giving everyone candy(: We were very comfortable with each other because we got to eat the candy too.

Becca M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down