Topic 6: Stop! Collaborate and Listen!

Go down

Topic 6: Stop! Collaborate and Listen!

Post  Admin on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:13 am

COLLABORATION (ko lab e RAY shun)
1. A joint intellectual effort
2. Treasonable cooperation with an enemy

To elaborate is to extend an idea; to co-laborate is to do so with partners.

In order for a collaboration to work well, dialogue must be precise throughout the design process. Definitions are clarified before the dialogue begins, with the understanding that the improved quality of the communication will justify the time spent in getting the language clear from the beginning.

In a sense all artwork is a collaboration between form, materials, workmanship, and content.

The honesty and straightforwardness that is essential to proper collaboration is a natural outgrowth of respect between parties. Respect for ideas requires a level of clarity that does justice to the ideas being presented.

For example, "If I respect your contribution to a project, I'll persevere until I fully understand what you're thinking. If I want your reaction to my ideas, I'll be certain I've described them accurately."

This kind of dialogue, which is inevitable when collaborating with others, can be internalized when working alone. Each of us listens to many voices as we approach a design challenge and we should use the same guidelines of clarity, honesty, and intellectual rigor when we talk to ourselves.

Describe a time when you collaborated with others on a project. How successful was the collaboration? What contributed to its level of success (or failure)? How comfortable were you with working with others on this particular project?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Michael is a Beast

Post  Michael on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:22 am

When i was 12, I made Tye dye tee shirts for a soccer tournament. I made them with my soccer team. For ten minuets, we actually were getting stuff done. After that we just went into my swimming pool and swam and went on my trampoline. It was actually somewhat sucessful.

Michael

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 6: Stop! Collaborate and Listen!

Post  Madison on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:24 am

One time I collaborated with my bible blob on a project. We were supposed to make T-shirts for Blobolicious Day together. It didn't turn out as plan. They all had plans so I ended up making all four shirts by myself. So their plans contributed to the level of failure. I was pretty comfortable working with these people, considering I didn't know them that well. Smile

Madison

Back to top Go down

cooperation

Post  Casey on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:24 am

I cooperated with my dad on science fair. we had a great idea evolving rockets. In the end the rocket split in two and crashed to earth but it was fun. and afterward they canceled science fair so it didn't matter. but it was awesome, the rocket crashed so hard we had to dig it up.we had a ton of fun. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil bounce bounce bounce bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom

Casey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kylie on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 am

A time that I collaborated with someone else on a project is this years science fair project. the collaboration has been fairly successful. The stuff that has contributed to the success is that my partner and I are very focused, and are very compatible with each other. I am very comfortable working with this person because she is one of my best friends.

Kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  Presley on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 am

I have only collaborated with people in school. I think that sometimes its really awkward when I have to work with people. I think its better when its my fault things fail then when someone else messes up. I usually come out okay, but that's only because I'm good at "winging it" in school.

Presley

Back to top Go down

Post  JGear on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:26 am

I have collaborated with my sister. We had to clean the whole house while my parents were gone. We had to vacume, dust, sweep, and do the dishes. We had a few arguments but the job was done and the house looked nice. I was very comfortable because shes my sister and I've done many things with her.

JGear

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATED

Post  Riley on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:26 am

I have collaborated with someone on a project. It really was not the successful. We did this in Mr. Eberhardt's geography class. I do not remember what we did. I think is was a news broadcast thing but i do not know for sure. It was not successful because people do not listen and do what there supposed to so I end up doing the work. Evil or Very Mad

Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryce on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:27 am

I have collaborated with my brother before when we had to clean our house. The collaboration was successful. Our determination contributed to its level of success. It was comfortable because i work with him very well.

Bryce

Back to top Go down

Post  brody on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:28 am

i have done collaboration before. i have collaborated with my sister to fill a bag with leaves. it was very successful. we filled the whole bag. we were successful because we worked together and we used gloves. i was comfortable with this because me and my sister are experienced in collaborating with each other.

brody

Back to top Go down

Michael is a Beast

Post  Michael on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:30 am

When i was 12, I made Tye dye tee shirts for a soccer tournament. I made them with my soccer team. For ten minuets, we actually were getting stuff done. After that we just went into my swimming pool and swam and went on my trampoline. It was actually somewhat successful. I was pretty comfortable working with others. And everybody's 10 minuets of work ethic contributed to our success

Michael

Back to top Go down

Post  connor on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 am

I have collaborated at school when we were working on posters for bible class. I worked zach with and it was very successful. Our friendship and love of God made this project successful. I was comfortable with the project

connor

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooke on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 am

Now I'm collaborating with my friend, Hannah, on a science project experiment. It is successful so far because we have been getting the assignments in early for five extra points. We are dividing the work evenly, which helps contribute to the success. We have been able to get together and talk about the project. I am very comfortable with working with her on this project because she is very responsible, trustworthy, and smart. I can always depend on my friend and she can depend on me.

Brooke

Back to top Go down

Post  Brooke on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:34 am

Now I'm collaborating with my friend, Hannah, on a science project experiment. It is successful so far because we have been getting the assignments in early for five extra points. We are dividing the work evenly, which helps contribute to the success. We have been able to get together and talk about the project. I am very comfortable with working with her on this project because she is very responsible, trustworthy, and smart. I can always depend on my friend and she can depend on me.

Brooke

Back to top Go down

Post  N|I|C|K on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 am

This year, I collaborated with others on the Homecoming banner. I'm not very good at drawing so I worked on the design. The collaboration was so successful that we won the homecoming banner award. Everybody had to contribute to the banner in some way, shape, or form. I felt comfortable working with others.

N|I|C|K

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:37 am

Last year i collaborated with a group in Mr. Eberhardt's class. All we had to do was print off information about a country. I was the only person who did anything. It was a fail because no one remembered to do it. But the good thing is I printed off enough information for all of us to get an A!
This year me and Chelsea are collaborating on the science project. So far we have gotten all 105's because of teamwork. It has been good because we both do our own part.

Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down