Topic 10: Usability

Go down

Topic 10: Usability

Post  Admin on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:27 am

USABILITY
Usability is a property of websites (and other systems and products) that relates to ease of use. Usability is commonly defined as having three core components:

1. Effectiveness - how well a task can be completed
2. Efficiency - how easy or quick it is to complete the task
3. Satisfaction - the user's perception or opinion of the system

Choose one of the following webpages
Answer these questions:
1. Is it immediately obvious what or who the site is about? Why or why not?

2. How clear is the main navigation? Can you spot what the main site sections are immediately, or do you have to guess ?

3. Is the text easy to read? Why or why not?

4. What would *you* do to improve the usability of this site?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Usability

Post  Hootie on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:33 am

Page 1

I know as soon as i looked on the page it was about god.

The navigation was all messed up! The page was making me dizzy.

The text wasnt really easy to see. The only thing i could read was the text that was bold and black.

I would change the background to this page to improve the visability.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hootie

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 10: Usability

Post  a blank on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:34 am

yes, it is in big bold words to accept Jesus. You can spot them, cause theyre directly in the center of the page. The text is easy to read, but the page gives me a headache. I would deffinetly change the background, the flashing colors is way to much. I would just make it one color. And maybe align it a little bit better, theres a bunch of things just randomly on the page.

a blank

Back to top Go down

jimmy c

Post  nightfall on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:35 am

1st web link...
1.Yes the purpose of the page is clear and it is easy to identify who the page is about.
2. You can see the main message but the links and accessories on the page are hard to find because of the alternating colors.
3. Some parts are because they contrast the rainbow colors but some are incredibly difficult.
4. Give it one to three background colors, not alternating like that. There is so much going on in the browser its hard to focus on the message of the text as well as how it effects the readability

nightfall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Usability

Post  Jamison on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:37 am

1. I could tell it was about God
2. The navigation sucks
3. The background was distracting of the text
4. I would change the background

Jamison

Back to top Go down

choice 1, jesus

Post  greg on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:39 am

1. yes, it talks about jesus all over the place.
2. not clear at all, very hard to read, understand.
3. no the text is very very hard to read, the rainbow background is REALLY distracting.
4. umm get rid of the rainbow background, better links.

greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Furball on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:39 am

yes, it has His name everywhere Question and i get confused because the background is trippy.

I kinda have to guess what the main navigation is because the website is very confusing.

NOOOOOOO, your eyes get drawn to everything else that is going on in the website.

make the background not blinky and make the text different colors.

Furball

Back to top Go down

Usability

Post  Kfree on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:40 am

I immediately notice that it talks about God and the many colors.
No i can not immediately see what the topic was .
No because the colors are very distracting.
Not have the colors be so blinding to the eyes.

Kfree

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:41 am

1. No it is not immediately noticeable. Its not noticeable because the rainbow colored nasty-ness makes it look like its coloring book site instead of a Jesus site.

2. The main navigation are clear. I can spot the main site connections immediately.

3.The text is easy to read due to the nasty-ness colored back ground.

4. First I would change the background to something like a really good picture of a cross. Then I wouldn't use clip art as my heading. I would finally move the navigations to the left side of the page.

Scott

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca M. on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:44 am

1. Yes because it says in bold letters to accept Jesus.
2. The page is clear and you can see the main sites immediately because it is in the center.
3. It is easy to read the message, but the page gives me a headache.
4. I would change the colors to one color.

Becca M.

Back to top Go down

Useability

Post  Jared R on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:45 am

1.No because all the text on the page is smashed together like a jigsaw puzzle.
2.The main navigation is not clear i have to guess what the main site section
3.No the text is not easy to read because of how the smash random text sizes and colors together.
4.I would space the text out more and change all the text to one size with the exception of title text.

Jared R

Back to top Go down

Post  M Kell on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:46 am

Page 5

This site is immediately obvious on what it's about. It's about Fabric because of the big heading and almost everything on the navigation is named 'Fabric' something. There are also pictures of people surrounding the fabrics. The navigation text is pretty clear to read even though it's colorful. I would change the colors on this site. It's just too much, and the moving text, graphics, text size/fonts and maybe some alignment.

M Kell

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia T on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:02 am

Page 1
1. Yes, it is obvious what the site is about. In the center of the page in bold letters, the verse Romans 6:23 is posted, implying the site is about being redeemed by Jesus.
2. The navigation isn't immediately clear, due to the distracting background, but they are easy enough to find. However, I am not certain what the navigation links will take me to.
3. Yes, the text is easy to read.
4. I would make the title of the page easier to be seen by making it bigger. I'd change the colorful background to something less distracting like a solid color. I would post the navigation links at the top of the page and name the links something more obvious so the user will know exactly where they're going.

Olivia T

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric D on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:07 am

No because its looking boring and everything is scattered to me.

2. How clear is the main navigation? Can you spot what the main site sections are immediately, or do you have to guess ?
No it is not clear yea I dont even know if you'll get somewhere by guessing.

No the font is way to small.

First off make the text so where you can read it and then change the navigation.

Eric D

Back to top Go down

usability

Post  Trent Ki on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:09 am

The website is about Jesus and forgiveness. I could tell because of the big red letters at the top of the page. The website wasn't very clear because of the colorful blinding background which kind of draws your attention away from the actual website text. It could use more "usability" by being a little bit more clear.

Trent Ki

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Ham on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:13 am

-Yes, because they website is flashing with the words Jesus. So obviously, Its about Jesus.

-well when the colors move, the navigation tabs blend in with the colors, so its a bit hard to see them.

-the text is sorta easy to read. its just at times the colors blend into the background colors.

-Personally, I would change the fact that the colors are so bright, it takes away form the message.

Ash Ham

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down