Topic 2: Confidence

Go down

Topic 2: Confidence

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:07 pm

CONFIDENCE (KON fi denz)
1. Trust in a person or thing
2. Something confided, such as a secret
3. A feeling of assurance or certainty, especially concerning oneself

People present themselves through their walk, their stance, and their gestures. In the same way, a line, form or the composition of your design conveys confidence or lack of it.

We learn about body language through experience. We see a basketball player stride onto the court, standing tall but relaxed, then watch him successfully play the game. We learn to associate the gestures with the result.

Confidence is not automatically the result of practice and experience, but it's hard to achieve without practice and experience. A lack of confidence can be a handicap. The same is true of an overabundance of confidence.

One kind of confidence says "I can do this." Another says, "If I can't do this now, I have the ability to learn."

Describe something that you are confident about. How did you gain this confidence?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Confidence

Post  greg on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:31 am

I am confident about tennis. After 6 years i have become a smart tennis player.

greg

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 2: Confidence

Post  jimmy c on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 am

I am confident in football. I am very confident in my ability to play defense in football. i love it. I am also confident in my ability to hunt. I love hunting and I love being out doors. Both of these are a part of my life

jimmy c

Back to top Go down

Post  LexiO on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:37 am

I have confidence in everything i do because i know if i try, i have the confidence to try to do something. To actually make the effort no matter what it is to succeed. Confidence means independance and strength. Confidence is having the mindset of acheiving and making things work. Confidence gives you the ability to be yourself.

LexiO

Back to top Go down

Confidence

Post  Trent Ki on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:38 am

This might sound stupid but I am confident that I will able to accomplish what I wish to accomplish in the future as far as my dream job goes and just my dream in general. I am confident that I'll be able to live the life I want to live.

Trent Ki

Back to top Go down

confidence.

Post  A blank on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:38 am

Confidence comes to me in the game of volleyball. When i play volleyball my confidence rises because its what i love. I've been playing volleyball since 6th grade so i know what i'm doing which makes me confident in myself. Having the skills and knowing how to play the game is what makes me confident, compared to some people who have never played before. I've gained this confidence by practicing and playing for five years. I also gained this confidence by encouragement of my coaches and teammates. I love volleyball and I am confident that i will always do well!

A blank

Back to top Go down

Confidence

Post  Jihad S on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:39 am

I am very confident in the way I run the ball on the field. When I get the ball I make 1 move and take that thang to the house. I am also confident in the way the team will play the season. I cant wait till the first game. This friday is going to be a MOVIE!!

Jihad S

Back to top Go down

Confidence

Post  Eric D on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:39 am

I am confident on my play ability on the field. I believe that I can play any position that I was asked to play. It has been proven plenty of times. If you need a play just call DoDaDang on 1 it always work(with the exception of three games) but no one has to know that. Lol. I am always confident in others on the field like Jimmy Carter, Jihad a.k.a. Hootie Shepherd, Drew Harden, and Chris Keating.

Eric D

Back to top Go down

I am confidence

Post  Samantha on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 am

I think I am pretty confident in myself in general. Not cocky, confident Wink But since that's not a good enough answer for Mr. Walsh haha, I am confident in my soccer abilities. I got my confidence from experience and my coaches putting me in a starting position. If I was playing varsity soccer in 8th grade I must be pretty darn good. Since I've been playing soccer for a while, I have lots of experience. They say practice makes perfect. I'm not a perfect goalie, but I'm pretty great. Very Happy
better Mr. Walsh? Razz

Samantha

Back to top Go down

Confidence

Post  Scott on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:42 am

I am confident about my skills in wake boarding. I know I'm not the best wake boarder in the world but I have the confidence to become a pretty good wake boarder. I have gotten the basics down for doing tricks and all I have to do is get the basics down for the tricks and I will develop these skills to become the best I can. I have enough confidence to go into a wake boarding camp and be taught how to do tricks and successfully do them.

Scott

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia T on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:44 am

I am confident about my abilities to one day be a great mother. Bearing a child is one of the greatest pleasures of life. A child is the most precious creature one can create with a loved one. When I am a wife and later a mother, I want to teach my child all things I know and don't know. I want to teach my child to be open minded, love all people without having to accept their lifestyles or personalities, to find something positive about all people, to look at the cup half full, to be aware that failure is a natural part of life, to be patient while being competitive, the intended roles for men and women, and to love God with all his or her heart. I want to be active in my child's life. If more parents were, I doubt so many children would turn to drugs, premarital sex, or run away. I want my child to know he or she is loved and can discuss anything with me. I want to spoil my child while teaching it that it is truly blessed to have extra. I am confident I can do all this and more with the help of my husband and God.

Olivia T

Back to top Go down

Confidence

Post  KFreeman on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:45 am

Confidence is when you fill certain that you as a person of an individual can challenge yourself and beat that challenge. I have confidence in myself that I can accomplish anything and everything that I put my mind to. The way I obtain my confidence is to never give up and to never lose hope in myself no matter what might happen.

KFreeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca M. on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 am

I am confident in the army protecting us americans. I am confident that all the soldiers will always protect us from us getting hurt, even in the rough times. Very Happy

Becca M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mary K on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:48 am

I am confident about making other people feel better about themselves and in any other ways. I feel that I have the nature to help people. Very Happy

Mary K

Back to top Go down

bombdiggity

Post  Grace F on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:48 am

What am I confidant about? Many things actually.. but the main thing would be swimming. I've been swimming competatively since I was three years old and haven't given up yet. I have to be confidant in myself when I dive in, and not worry- I know what I'm doing and I have to trust my instinct. Swimming keeps me motivated to be a better person and a better team player. You have to know who you are; be confidant in yourself, and encourage others around you who may lack your motivation. Being confidant you have to respect yourself, and believe that you can do anything you put your mind to. Swimmer Natalie Coughlin has to be confidant in herself, after all, she has made it to more Olympics that I ever will in my life. I strive to have confidence,drive, and motivation swimmers and Olympic athletes like her have. I'm confidant to be the best.

Grace F

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down