Topic 3:Contrast

Go down

Topic 3:Contrast

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:18 pm

CONTRAST (KON trast)
1. To set in opposition in order to show or emphasize difference
2. A striking dissimilarity between things being compared
3. The use of opposing elements such as colors, forms or lines in proximity to produce an intensified effect

Contrast clarifies and heightens an effect. To make a white paper brighter, place a black mark upon it. Punctuate the silence with a scream, a dark room with a candle, and bland tones with a spot of intense color. Contrast is used to draw attention to an area, or to provide stability or clarity to a composition.

Contrast can exist in many realms at once. A thick, jagged, curved black line contrasts with a thin, smooth, straight red line.

We locate and define ourselves through contrast. We compare ourselves to what we are not, we are usually attracted to those who are dissimilar to ourselves. We would be lost without contrasts, life would be boring and dull.

So with all that in mind, I want you to think of a close friend or relative. Describe a way in which this person significantly contrasts with you. You do not need to identify who he or she is by name.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 3:Contrast

Post  Furball on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 am

This person is contrast from me because he loves to surf and skateboard while i like to fish and hunt.

Furball

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmy c on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:32 am

My friend trey contrasts me. We are both white but he acts like a gangster and i don't. I play video games and he doesnt. He gets ugly girls and i get pretty ones. I drive a chevy and he drives a ford. But mainly i get pretty girls and he gets ugly ones

jimmy c

Back to top Go down

Contrast

Post  greg on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:33 am

My cousins and and i have a lot of differences between each other. they love to play video games all the time, i would go crazy if that's all i did. i love to play tennis or just to be outside, they hate going outside. we also like different games. they are completely different from me.

greg

Back to top Go down

Contrast

Post  Jihad S on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:34 am

My friend Jim Bean is way different than me. He likes to hunt and kill dear and other hopeless animals for a living. Its horrible. Why would you kill something so helpless. Myself on the other hand i like to go out and party and hang with friends. You know something productive with my life. Jimmy needs to be saved. Someone please help my friend. Im very worried about him. If anyone can help please call (904) 9-1-1. Thank you

Jihad S

Back to top Go down

contrst

Post  Jamison on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:35 am

I have a relative who cotrasts from me in many was. He plays different sports than i do for 1 and has many different interests. He doesnt like the same type shows i do when we watch tv. He also does no like to spend money while i spend too much. This is how he contrasts from me.

Jamison

Back to top Go down

Contrast

Post  Becca M. on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:36 am

The person is contrast from me because i have blue/green eyes, and they have brown eyes. Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale pig monkey cat alien rabbit bounce confused affraid drunken bom cheers Basketball Sleep sunny albino rendeer santa cherry farao king queen scratch geek jocolor study elephant flower lol! afro

Becca M.

Back to top Go down

Contrast

Post  Trent Ki on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:38 am

My cousin because in many ways we differ. We have few similarities one is we dislike each other. Our differences though is that my cousin likes to be a dumb decision maker because he always likes to harass me and make fun of me but I actually do that to my half brother too. But my cousin still just likes to try the crap out of everybody just to see what they'll do.

Trent Ki

Back to top Go down

contrast

Post  A blank on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 am

Lexi and I are contrasting friends. We differ in many ways. Lexi is short and i am tall.
Lexi has bright blue eyes, and i have dark dark brown eyes. Lexi is pale, and i am tan. Im half Spanish and she is half Scottish. Our boyfriends are bestfriends and theyre different too. When i go to lexi's i destroy her kitchen, she eats nothing. Im smart(straight a's)and lexi is dumb (straight d's). Lexi likes to play sports with her feet like soccer while i use my hands like volleyball. Lexi is ugly, i am pretty. Those are just some ways me and lexi are different (:

A blank

Back to top Go down

Friend contrast

Post  KFreeman on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 am

The difference between me and my friend. My friend Bryan is different to me because he likes a different type of music than I do, he like hard core rock music and I like rap and hip- hop music. He likes to play wrestling but I like to play football, soccer, and participate in track. He is slow in running and I am fast in running, he is short and I am tall. He is really good in academics and I am average in academics. Last but not least he is Scottish, Irish, and White. I am Black, French, Hawaiian, Philippine, White, Chinese, and Portuguese.

KFreeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi O on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:42 am

Im contrasting with my friend alyssa blankenship.
we contrast by our height im short, shes tall.
she is asian im caucasian. she plays volleyball i play soccer.
she like sushi, i dont.
our boyfriends contrast eachother too, shay is tall and tan. travis is short and white.
alyssas birthday is in the winter, mine is in the summer.
i eat alot, alyssa eats nothing. i go over to her house and raid her pantry.
alyssas hair is think, mine is thin.
alyssa can barely see, when i can see alot.
im a genius, alyssa doesnt understand anything.
thatssss how me and alyssa contrast eachother <3

Lexi O

Back to top Go down

Contrast.

Post  Mary K on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 am

My friend contrast from me because she has darker skin color than me, we have different hair type and we both have different interest of food.

Mary K

Back to top Go down

Contrasttttt

Post  Ashley H on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 am

So. Theres this girl, Samantha Halllllll (yes, there is a reason behind the L's) and were completely different. We love completely opposite things, like I love volleyball, and she loves soccer. I stay in place on the court, while she runs around on the field. I keep my hands in my pockets, while she loves to touch her face Smile She tends to not make sense, while most of the time, highly educated people know exactly what im talking about. I mean, were twins and all, but that's only because we look alike :p

Ashley H

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia T on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 am

I contrast with my brother, Corey. He is athletic and muscular. I don't care for sports whatsoever. He is quiet around adults and the life of the party with his friends. I am opinionated and outspoken with anyone. He prefers entertaining; I like being entertained. He's very family oriented. I like my privacy and personal space. He wants to be an entrepreneur; I don't. He is fine with being dependent, yet I'm not. I want independence.

Olivia T

Back to top Go down

Contrasting Person

Post  Samantha on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:47 am

Well it took my a while to think of someone I am very different from, but I think I finally got it. I am not like Mommy. She loves to cook, I have to be dying of starvation to cook for myself. She loves kids and teaches 4th grade, little kids irritate me. She likes the Jaguars, I stopped supporting them. She is a hillbilly, I don't like nature that much. She is married and has two kids, I just have a boyfriend. She watches Oprah, I watch Tyra. She loves country, I like rap. She had strawberry blonde hair(before she started dying it) and green eyes, I have brown hair and brown eyes. She is tall with straight hair, I am short with curly hair. But I still love her anyways. <3

Samantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down