Topic 3: Contrast

Go down

Topic 3: Contrast

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:18 pm

CONTRAST (KON trast)
1. To set in opposition in order to show or emphasize difference
2. A striking dissimilarity between things being compared
3. The use of opposing elements such as colors, forms or lines in proximity to produce an intensified effect

Contrast clarifies and heightens an effect. To make a white paper brighter, place a black mark upon it. Punctuate the silence with a scream, a dark room with a candle, and bland tones with a spot of intense color. Contrast is used to draw attention to an area, or to provide stability or clarity to a composition.

Contrast can exist in many realms at once. A thick, jagged, curved black line contrasts with a thin, smooth, straight red line.

We locate and define ourselves through contrast. We compare ourselves to what we are not, we are usually attracted to those who are dissimilar to ourselves. We would be lost without contrasts, life would be boring and dull.

So with all that in mind, I want you to think of a close friend or relative. Describe a way in which this person significantly contrasts with you. You do not need to identify who he or she is by name.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

contrast. a post

Post  bradley on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:26 am

i contrast my brother because i am older and wiser than his young self.

bradley

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 3: Contrast

Post  Kat Berg on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:27 am

The person who contrast me is very different because not only do we look completely different our personalities and goals in life are very different. An example of this is she has no goals of going to college and doing anything with her life. Honestly her plans are to just sell drugs and make a living off that, whereas I have plans of going to college and making something out of my life. Her personality is destructive and mean whereas mine is constructive and nice.

Kat Berg

Back to top Go down

contrast

Post  siemaska on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:28 am

me and my grandma. the reason bc we are contrast is bc she is smart as a book worm and im as dumb as a nail. also she is nicely organzied and im all messy. but we get along quite well so in the end we are all the same.

siemaska

Back to top Go down

Yo, get like me. just your my opposite : )

Post  Elizabet on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 am

My Grandpa and i are contrast. He is very quiet, relaxed and laid back. me on the other hand im loud, outgoing and always doin something. Also my grandpa tells stupid jokes thinking they are funny. While i tell jokes that are actually funny and make people laugh out loud : ) also he is very into history and loves learning new things. he is very curious and loves learning about how things work. while i on the other hand dont care how things work as long as they work. also i am not a big fan of going to school and learning new things. got it? : )

Elizabet

Back to top Go down

Post  wesley c on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:31 am

My sister and i contrast because she can legally drank and i can't.

wesley c

Back to top Go down

Close Friend

Post  Michelle on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:34 am

Me and my close friend contrast in may ways. He is always loud & outgoing where i am very laid back. We also enjoy different music at times. These are some differences between me and my close friend.

Michelle

Back to top Go down

why you not like me

Post  jacob h on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:37 am

me and my sister are nothing alike. Because she is disrespectful and Im not. she likes to go out and party i like to stay in my room and read a good book.

jacob h

Back to top Go down

My sister Rachelle :)

Post  Brittany on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:38 am

Me and my sister are completely different. she is not as feminine as I am shes always chilling with the guys. She works at Fisherman's Dock with all the guys, they consider her one of them. She is extremely fit and in shape, she was in the army for 3 years. Where i hang with the guys, but I don't consider myself one of the them, most girly than she is and she is ADD about a lot of things, and i'm not.

Brittany

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down