Discussion

Go down

Discussion

Post  Admin on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:37 am

TV is bad for young people. Discuss.

(You can defend the statement, argue against the statement, or answer in the rhetorical)

Your answer should be at least one paragraph.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

tv

Post  Samantha on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:59 am

tv can be good and bad. You can learn things from it. But if you watch trash tv then it can be bad.

Samantha

Back to top Go down

tv

Post  greg on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:00 am

TV can be good for young people. There are educational shows on tv. if its bad for young people how is it good for older people, like adults?

greg

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post  Furball on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:01 am

Tv is not bad for young people. Tv is just for entertainment and if there is a bad show the parents have the power to block it. Tv is for all people of all ages. Tv has a show that may fit everybody but if not then don't watch t.v.

Furball

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamisom on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:01 am

Certain tv can be bad for young people. When i say young people i mean 13 and under. If you are in highschool you should be responsible enough to handle whats on tv. In our world yoiur going to see whats on tv one way or anpther

Jamisom

Back to top Go down

TV Yo.

Post  ABurger on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:03 am

TV can be good and bad at the same time. While you can learn from some shows, they can always be influential in a bad way.
Not really diggin a full paragraph, so this is what your gonna get Very Happy

ABurger

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:03 am

TV is not a bad thing for young people. If there is something that parents don't want their child to watch then they can block it. Based upon a child's maturity to know what is right and wrong then a movie will just become entertainment and they wont go out doing the things movies show.

Scott

Back to top Go down

T.V good or bad

Post  Jared R on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:06 am

T.V can be good or bad. Honestly if your a kid then its the parents job to make sure you don't watch anything bad. If your an adult or young adult however its your desicion to watch what you deem good or bad.

Jared R

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric D on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:07 am

TV is bad for young people. Discuss.

(You can defend the statement, argue against the statement, or answer in the rhetorical)

Your answer should be at least one paragraph.

TV I think is sometimes good and bad. There are some channels where you anctually learn like historical events and discovery channels where you learn about animals and living matter. But I think there is more bad channels then good, entertainment has gotten worse. Therefore the only thing I watch on TV is sports channels and sometimes I'll watch a movie.

Eric D

Back to top Go down

Post  M Kell on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 am

TV is bad for young people because it demonstrate mostly bad influences. Such as today's reality TV shows involving horrible language, violence, sexual activities and other disturbing things. For examples, Jersey Shore, Skins, MTV, etc. Even Disney shows are extreme because kids look up to them and they don't know the difference between not real or real; ex: Hanna Montana/Miley Cyrus. No

M Kell

Back to top Go down

Post  gfree on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:10 am

I think that in young children, television can have bad effects. Studies show that childrens attention spans are greatly altered by the constant watching of programs on television that are 30 minuets long. Putting them in front of the TV to keep them quite, will have negative effects in the long run, and you'll regret it also when your child gets bored with something after only 30 minuets. As for older children, such as teenagers, I think it can also have negative effects. By this point, individuals are able to make decisions for themselves, and sometimes choose to watch television that has a negative influence and effects their behavior and lowers their respect level for others. Personally I don't watch a lot of TV because I know what kind of crap is out there and don't want to associate myself with it. Mot of the times you can tell just by someones attitude and actions that they are being negatively influenced, and today, it is mainly the medias doing.

gfree

Back to top Go down

tv continued

Post  Samantha on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:10 am

here are my other two sentences for my paragraph:

like when kids are little there are many educational channels and there is the history channel that teaches you stuff. but you can also watch jersey shore which isnt very good for you but it is entertaining = )

Samantha

Back to top Go down

TV

Post  Hootie on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:13 am

TV is not bad for young people. Matter a fact its not bad for anyone. TV is a great source for anything you need to know. If you need the weather you can just go to the weather channel. If you like sports and you want to know sports updates you can turn to ESPN. If you have a baby and you need to entertain the baby really fast or your trying to put it to sleep you can turn to Disney and let the warch the Wiggles. Why would anyone think TV is bad for you. Thats just retarded! The only way it would be bad is if you were looking or watching somthing you have no business watching. Thats why you can block certain channels. Other than that TV is marvelous!!!

Hootie

Back to top Go down

TV

Post  KFreeman on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:14 am

TV is not bad its just like everything else in the world. If you make it into a bad thing it will become bad. Its just the way you use your sources it will determine whether or not it good or bad. Say that you watching TV and its on the history channel or something educational than that's straight. But if you just stay watching TV all day every day over something bad and stupid. Then that would be considered a bad way. So its just the way you use it that will determined it whether its good or bad.

KFreeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca M. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:31 am

I think tv is bad because it doesn't show the reality of real life. it shows someone else living their life while your just sitting on the couch watching your life pass you by.

Becca M.

Back to top Go down

TV

Post  Trent Ki on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:37 am

TV is not entirely bad for young people. Most young people need to watch tv so they know what is going on in the world. How do you think they find things out. To much tv could be bad for young people though with their minds still developing and not fully mature they can be talked into anything. In this person's opinion some kids should be able to watch tv to learn about things and know what to stay away from and to also watch appropriate things like certain channels. So not all tv is bad but kids need to have some time with it and then worry about exercise.

Trent Ki

Back to top Go down

tv.

Post  ablank on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:39 am

I agree and disagree with this statement. Some tv shows teach young children numbers, colors, etc. Some shows teach them the basic things they need to know as a child. But, also i think it depends on what tv show. You dont want to let your child watch adult programs. If they do, theyll learn bad things that they dont really need to know at theyre age. So i think it depends on the what show theyre watching. Keep it in theyre rating and its all good!

ablank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down