Discussion 3

Go down

Discussion 3

Post  Admin on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:29 am

Church is a positive factor in our society. Do you agree or disagree? (Write at least 5 sentences or get a zero)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion 3

Post  jamison on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:58 am

It depends on your view of the Church. Church is a positive factor if your religous. It is a negative factor if your not. I think many churches have have extreme beliefs that offend many many people. If you believe in God then church can a good thing in your life.

jamison

Back to top Go down

Church

Post  Hootie on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:01 am

i think church is pretty important.
i wouldnt say its very important because its not like your going to hell just becuase you dont go to church.
you alsp wont go to heaven just for going to church.
its your beliefs that count.
follow your heart and pray!!

AMEN!

Hootie

Back to top Go down

church

Post  greg on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:01 am

i believe that church is a positive influence in our society. this is because it can help us in our walk with jesus. you also dont have to go, its optional.and for the most part it will help you become a better citizen. church is a good thing for america.

greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Furball on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:01 am

I believe that in our society this is true. For some the church is connects us to God, but for some it is just a place that people go for no reason. For the people Who don't go to church they can't find a good excuse to say why they don't go. For this I say that the church is a positive factor in our society. It gives those who have nothing hope in some one who can give them everything.

Furball

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric D on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:02 am

I think church is vital.
I think some people just talk like the are church like but arent.
You dont necessarily have to go to church.
Meet a lot of people through church.
Positive influence.

Eric D

Back to top Go down

church

Post  Samantha on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:03 am

I don't agree. Church can be positive i'm sure, but the "high and mighty" people i know from church makes me think its not positive. People want to be portrayed as good people doing God's work...instead they judge you. That makes people believe that Christians are hypocrites. I've gone to Christian schools my whole life, and the bible influence i think has hurt more kids than it has helped. the forcing of Jesus on people has made alot of the kids i've grown up with atheist seeing how these "christian adults" act. I think church is positive when it does what it says and acts how it says it will. When it isn't forced. and when it isn't judgmental and condemning. Church is suppose to be a positive place to go to with your troubles. not where you go to be looked down upon. I guess i don't have a problem with the church physically its the people in it that bother me sometimes.

Samantha

Back to top Go down

Church @ Society

Post  Jared R on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:04 am

I believe to an extent it is positive to the society. Church's supplying support groups and ways to be connected to different people in said groups helps a society as a whole grow. The church also if its done right should represent a safe environment that people can go to and relax. Westboro baptist church on the other hand is a perfect example of a counterproductive church in action that overreach its boundaries.I believe that a church should equally respect people and not intrude in peoples lives when they are unwanted.

Jared R

Back to top Go down

Sooooo. Church.

Post  ABurger on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:04 am

Well in society, to many different people, can go either way.
Church can be positive in the fact that it wants you to strive to be a better person and keep to your morals. It can also show your kids and young adults how to act and have character. But on the other hand, it can be also be a negative, in the sense that some churches dont except different people, like gays or people who dont believe the exact thing that one certain church believes. So really it can be both, just hope that its a positive thing, and not negative.

ABurger

Back to top Go down

Post  ablank on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:04 am

I think church is a positive factor, because it brings people together. Bringing people together gives a positive influence on everyone. Being able to talk to people that are just like you brought together to praise God is always goood. Church is what some people depend on to even get through their week. Some people just cannot live without church!

ablank

Back to top Go down

church

Post  Scott on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:05 am

I believe that church is a positive factor for a strong believer. But to a non believer or a not strong believer it can be a bad factor. To a not strong believer church can be a scary place and make them feel uncomfortable. Church is a positive factor for a strong believer because it makes them feel like their at home with God and at one with Him. To a weak believer they feel left out and awkward. Overall even for a week believer church is a positive factor for your life.

Scott

Back to top Go down

Post  gfree on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:06 am

Yes I believe Church is positive in our society, but some Churches may go above and beyond to some and seem like they're being pressured or offended by the Church's beliefs. I go to a Bible church, and all we do is study the Bible, and learn from it, we don't have anyone else to own up to, we do don't go crazy and have a lot of money to be a seeker church, we're all just a bunch of sinners who are taught the Bible. We aren't part of a denomination that has rules and restrictions that may hinder or alter ones belief either. So I think if people think Church is negative, they're looking in the wrong place. Church is positive, it just may not seem that way to everybody.

gfree

Back to top Go down

Church

Post  KFreeman on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:09 am

I think church is a huge part of our society. Because the church can make a huge impact on the community. And also the church is a place where the word of God is spread throughout. Cause that's whats wrong with some neighborhoods they don't have a church nearby.

KFreeman

Back to top Go down

Post  M Kell on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:09 am

It depends on the person and their view points on the Church also what kind of person who runs the Church. I think the Church is a positive factor in our society. Most Church helps and influence by walking and talking about Jesus/God for religious matters. Some are sort of meaningless. Church also helps the society by helping and giving their hands to the poor and people who don't have much.

M Kell

Back to top Go down

Church society

Post  Trent Ki on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:23 am

I believe church is an important factor in our society. I believe the things that are happening now would not be happening as much now if more people went to church. I believe the murder and crime rates would start to disintegrate. However, I do still think society would have problems to face and that church won't fix everything but God can. I do still believe people need to go to church still.

Trent Ki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down