con: No long summer break

Discuss. (5 sentences at least)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion 6

Post  gfree on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:30 am

I'm not really for either? I know that some prep schools up north have school for 9 weeks, and then have break for 3 and repeat that all year long. I think that's a pretty cool concept. Our summer just seems too short and school seems too long. I think it makes a difference because of your schools schedule- like if you have A days and B days or just the same classes every day. While I like the 9 weeks on/3 off idea, I think I would still miss summer- so I'll stick to what we got now.

gfree

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 am

No school should not be year round!!!
Because we need time off to rest our brains and hang with friends and go to camps to help us out with sports or even to church camps.
We just need time to ourselves between each grade level to recuperate our brains and get ready for the next grade level.

Scott

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiO on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:34 am

School should not be year round. Summer time gives students a chance to relax and refuel before starting another year. If school was year round, students would be exhausted from all the work. Students need rest from studying for tests and quizzes. Little breaks throughout the year make students work harder when they come back because they have a fresh start and want summer to come faster.

lexiO

Back to top Go down

Post  jamison on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:34 am

I like school the way it is. i dont want it to change. i like having a long break to look forward to. I like doing things in summer like summer sports leagues and summer jobs. I am pro summer.

jamison

Back to top Go down

School

Post  Hootie on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 am

I think we shouldnt have school AT ALL! i think we should be born with chips in our head that make us know everything. If we did that life would be so much easier! We wouldnt have to wake up every morning and come to school and smell Eric and Keionis horrible breath. we could just do what ever we wanted!

Hootie

Back to top Go down

Post  Furball on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 am

No I think that this is a horrible idea. School is already way to long and if it were all year round then kids would have lower grades due to the fact that they are sitting in a room way to long and if kids don't have that long summer break then we go bonkers. Also, since teachers want breaks like us kids then teachers would side with the kids and not want this to be an all year thing. Kids are supposed to have a summer break its a tradition passed from way back. So that is my statement on this issue.

Furball

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric D on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:36 am

Should school be year-round? Yeah I think it should be year round. Well not necessarily as long as you have something do to with your time during the summer and not just sit around. See like me I play football and its a year round sport believe or not. There's workouts everyday! But if I had to pick I would say more shorter breaks.

pro: More shorter breaks
con: No long summer break

Eric D

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:36 am

I like the long breaks that we have. Even though we complain that breaks are too short we get a lot of longer breaks then we realize. If we had short breaks we would still complain about them being too short and we really wouldn't get to go off on long trips because we have to plan our time around short trips.

Scott

Back to top Go down

Post  ablank on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 am

No, i definitely dont think school should be year round. Having schook year round would put to much pressure on us as studentes. We need a break, and having school year long wouldnt give us that. Summer is when we get a break, and to me the longer the better. Summer is our time to relax and enjoy our highschool years.

ablank

Back to top Go down

Post  M Kell on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:41 am

It would be good if school was year round because it would help the students educational. They would less not forget the school materials and there's a chance that teachers wouldn't rush through their teaching. Also, if school was year round, that means the school schedule can be stretch out meaning everything isn't a rush and teachers wouldn't have a problem that they can't overload work on the students. As a student, of course I'm against it. Like any other students [perhaps some teachers too], I like my long break!

M Kell

Back to top Go down

School

Post  greg on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:41 am

I think that year round school would be different. But the summer break is something i couldn't give up. The year round school would just wear you down. I like how school is now and i wouldnt want to change it. Maybe when im out of school they will change it to year round.

greg

Back to top Go down

Year-around

Post  KFreeman on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:42 am

I think year around schools shouldn't be enforced because students need a good amount break to recover and replenish their minds. The other reason why I also think that is because the teachers also need sometime off to think about the rest of the year and also to get away from the students. But that's my view on why you shouldn't be a year around school. But the reason why you should have a year around school year is because it prepares the students better in learning things on top of other things.

KFreeman

Back to top Go down

School

Post  Trent Ki on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:28 am

No school should not be year round. It should not have shorter breaks or a shorter summer. Summer already goes by to fast. I can't even be on time during the school year now. Sometimes I don't even show up.

Trent Ki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down