con: No long summer break

Discuss. (5 sentences at least)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion 6

Post  russell on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 am

leave it the way it is because you need more time to do a bunch o stuff.

russell

Back to top Go down

Im over this

Post  Elizabet on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 am

NOOOO, school should never be school around! we would all go mentally insane. Even though we would have more one week breaks I would rather have one long break. i think that the system is fine the way it is because it gives us break when we begin to go crazy. Also if we had school year around we wouln't be able to prepare our selves to enter into the next grade. Another thing is no one would be tan because we wouldn't be able to be at the beach because we have no summer.

Elizabet

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie p on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 am

No because this give the high school students able to work during the summer and go on vacations and if school is all year round that wont be able to happen. I personally think that it is better to have longer breaks then shorter breaks because the students family and friends can spend more time then just a short little break. Also it gives us a break from school and not having a overload on projects and homework and things like that. Little breaks that we have which are like 3 or 4 days arent good enough for the students and they would be upset because they are use to the normal 3 month break for summer.

Katie p

Back to top Go down

Post  levilall on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 am

I believe it makes more sense to have school year round. Because we study for about 9 months out of the year and have a 3 month break, much we learn prior to summer break is lost during the gap. With more shorter breaks including a short summer break, more information could be retained. Instead, a continual cycle of development and learning could be provided. Money is also saved, and months of reviewing last year's work would be eliminated.

levilall

Back to top Go down

Discussion 6

Post  emilya on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 am

I do not think school should be year-round because students need a long break from school. Little breaks like four day weekends would not suffice and meet the student's standers to let their mind wind down and prevent an information overload. It would decrease the vacation opportunities. The only way a student could go on a long vacation would be to skip school. It would only increase the stress and homework load of school and be unhealthy and unbalanced in the students life. The teachers would not be able to keep up with the grading and assignments; therefore increasing the stress level not only in students but also in teachers.

emilya

Back to top Go down

schools stupid both ways

Post  jacob h on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 am

I think it wouldn't be a good idea for school to be year round. Even tho there would be more short breaks that wouldn't be good enough. You need along break to clear your mind from all the crap you learn in school (but not multi media). There is many other reason. That is why it wouldn't be a good idea to have school year round.

jacob h

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh RV on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:38 am

This is an unreasonable question. School should not be year round. It would actually cause the economy to go down because you would have to pay teachers more money. Besides, I don't like school so much. Being in school is all year is a waste of time.

Josh RV

Back to top Go down

break

Post  Caitlin on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 am

NO school should not be year round. I don't think more breaks will have an affect because they will be shorter an people who usually travel won't be able to. Also, there would be no break between grade transitions. Kids would get even more sick of school than they already are. Kids' attendance would probably go down if there was not a summer break. A continuous school year is a bad idea.

Caitlin

Back to top Go down

school

Post  sbledsoe on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 am

i think school should be year round because you will remember the information better. We would also have one week off every two weeks which would be awesome. It also would be sweet because you would get too see all of your school friends year round.Having school year round would let you have the ability too refresh your skills and overall b more prepared for college because you would be use to working and not use to a summer break. That is why i think school should be year round.

sbledsoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down