Todays Question

Go down

Todays Question

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:24 am

Some say you should not be able to get a drivers license until you are 18. What do you think about that? (5 sentences)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Todays Question

Post  gfree on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:27 am

Well, it would stink tremendously obviously. No one wants their parents driving them around until they're 18. However, studies show that there are less are crashes for new drivers who get their license when they are older. It would stink, but I agree with it. Raise the drinking and voting age too, it would cause less accidents because it's 2 more years of learning and 2 more years of maturity.

gfree

Back to top Go down

license

Post  Samantha on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 am

I think that is so stupid. If you are 16 and you are mature enough to take college level classes, you are mature enough to drive. If you didn't get your license at 16 there would be nothing "sweet" about turning 16. Also, it is better to start driving younger since when you are 21 you can drink so it is better to have some experience driving before that. That way if you are being the DD, you're drunk friends won't distract you while you drive.

Samantha

Back to top Go down

License

Post  Hootie on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:32 am

Man i dont think you need drivers license because if you already know how to drive then just whip it! i got my permit suspended when i was 16 and i never went back to the DMV to get my license. it is not that serious to me. most people think its so important but a brother like me ont even car. Str8 up!!!!

Hootie

Back to top Go down

Post  ablank on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:33 am

If we couldnt drive till we were 18 then thatd be stupid. If my mom drove me around as a senior in highschool id probably kill myself. Nobody wants to drive around with their parents all highschool. Driving is part of what makes highschool fun. I think 16 is a good age to get your license rather then 18. Without my license today, idk what i would do.

ablank

Back to top Go down

Post  Furball on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:34 am

Well I already have my license so it doesn't apply to me. Also, I am already 18. But for those who are not 18 or have their license, it may help them mature. But the bad thing is that there would be no experience on driving as soon as they move out so this would create a problem on highways and in back streets. That is my view on the question.

Furball

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamison on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:35 am

i think its a good idea. Most 16 year old drivers are just awful. Im 17 and already my license so it wouldnt affect me but id be pretty upset if i was younger and had to to wait. Having said that looking back 16 year olds should not be allowed to drive. They are as big of a hazard as old people driving.

Jamison

Back to top Go down

yeah

Post  greg on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:36 am

i think that most 16 year olds have no idea what they are doing when they first start driving. but having to wait until you are 18 would be pretty inconvenient for the kids and the parents. but also if they make it so you have to be older to drive, they should set a limit on how old you can be until you have to stop driving. or at least make it so that the driving test is harder to pass. driving is a privilege, not a right.

greg

Back to top Go down

Post  LexiO on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:37 am

i do not believe you have to be 18 to receive a drivers license. I think you should be at least 16. At the age of 16, your responsible and mature enough to drive a vehicle. If you had to wait til you were 18 to get a lcense, thats not fair to peoples parents either. Parents should not have to babysit a 18 year old and tote them around. If you can get a job at 16, you should be able to drive there.

LexiO

Back to top Go down

Drivers age restriction

Post  JRussi on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:37 am

I believe that it is would be better if they made it seventeen instead of sixteen. I think eighteen is to long of a wait and will create problems for some early movers. Most teens don't move out till there eighteen at the earliest and not allowing a teen to have a license till seventeen will prepare them greater in the field of driving basics. Overall a simplified version of what im saying is sixteen is to young eighteen is to old and seventeen sounds like the perfect time.

JRussi

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca M. on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:38 am

I think they shouldn't raise the driving age. Technically if you are a Jew you become an adult at age 16 so I think we should start to have more privileges. Many people wont wait until they are 18 and will start driving anyways and then it would take up more space in the ceils, so we should save as much room for real criminals. We are growing up and we don't want or parents driving us everywhere. We are in high school and its supposed to be fun not safe Smile

Becca M.

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:39 am

I think that is absolutely stupid. When you are 16 you're half way through high school so your freedom needs to be expanded. And it gives 16 year old's a couple of years of driving under their belts. It makes no sense because when you are 18 most kids are just going off to college and you need to know how to drive before that or you'll have no idea what to do in a congested area and freak out and get in a crash. Plus driving is a privilege and we need to know how to be mature driving before we are 18 without any curfew.

Scott

Back to top Go down

License

Post  KFreeman on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:40 am

Well I think that if your a good driver and that if you haven't got a violation in driving. Then why should you wait until your 18. But then again some people don't know how drive and they are older than 18 and even still they aren't good driver's. So really in truly it all depends on the individual driver. Cause responsible people deserves to drive a automobile and it does'nt matter how old are you as long as your a responsible person/driver.

KFreeman

Back to top Go down

Post  M Kell on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:41 am

I think it would be awful to still have to wait for your driver's license and parents are still driving their kids. By 17, the kid should be old enough to make their own decisions, but studies shows that the brain haven't fully develop till the age of 25. I agree that it's a good idea to raise the age because of maturity. So raising the age is also a safety hazard for themselves and people around them because the young ones are so reckless! They should also raise the drinking age too!

M Kell

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric D on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:42 am

Some say you should not be able to get a drivers license until you are 18. What do you think about that?

No I dont think you should have to wait. Some 16 and !7 year olds drive better then most adults, adults think the know it all. The only reason teenagers get in accidents are because of distractions and texting while driving. I think some old people should get their license taken away at a certain age. So No I dont think you have to wait.

Eric D

Back to top Go down

Driver's License

Post  Trent Ki on Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:19 am

I don't really have a problem with it because I don't have my license now I don't really care about it.

Trent Ki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down