Topic 1: Aesthetics

Go down

Topic 1: Aesthetics

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:29 am

AESTHETICS (asz THET iks)
1. The criticism of taste
2. The sense of the beautiful
3. Having a love of beauty
4. (plural) A branch of philosophy that provides a theory of beauty and the fine arts

In common usage, this refers to the large and general sense of a person's taste. Preferences of color, form, content and scale add up to a person's aesthetic.

There is an element of culture and experience in aesthetics. While it is probably true that people all over the world equally enjoy a sunset or a bouquet of flowers, we have different ideas about what tastes good, sounds pleasant, and functions best.

Describe something that you find beautiful, and explain what it is about it that makes it beautiful.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Topic 1: Aesthetics

Post  mtn dew on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 am

'I think Christmas trees are beautiful... it smells nice and it means to me I'm gonna have a good time santa

mtn dew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 am

I think trees are beautiful because they have been on earth for 1,000's of years and they grow to be huge and tall. Smile

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  kenneth on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:48 am

I think that its like a personal preference and every person has there own idea. For an example five large extra cheese and large bowl of guacamole and queso and a lot of my friends lol! farao

kenneth

Back to top Go down

STEAK

Post  Riley on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:50 am

I find many things beautiful. For example, I find a well cooked steak amazing. A steak cooked medium and light pink all the way through is a cure for hunger. A char coaled outside and tender inside with a nice dry rub is good. All in all, a well cooked steak is amazing and I would like one right now.

Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Presley on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 am

The ocean makes me very happy. The swaying motion makes me think of peaceful memories. The salty sea air makes me drowsy and excited to get in. I could stay near it for hours on end. It is the most aesthetically appealing being in the world.

Presley

Back to top Go down

pizza

Post  connor on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 am

I find pizza beautiful. There are so many ways to create your own type of flavor. You can have thick, thin, or stuffed crust and you can add peperoni, extra cheese, sausage, and anything else you want as a topping. The sauce and the seasonings add more flavor to the already good pizza. Looking at a picture of pizza makes me hungry because it looks so good. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

connor

Back to top Go down

Post  nathan on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:53 am

I think a sunset is beautiful, because it creates a relaxed mood for me. It takes away all my stresses and worries. Everyone has a different idea of what is beautiful. It makes me feel like I belong there. king

nathan

Back to top Go down

Volcano

Post  Casey on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 am

Something beautiful is a volcano. It has all shades of red, crimson, gold yellow, and black rocks mixed in it . It has destructive power to burn and bury in rocks, but attracts people because of it's power. it is a monument of nature , and can crumble to nothing within a week. and is unpredictable. that is why it's beautiful.

Casey

Back to top Go down

Post  lauren on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:57 am

I think that flowers are beautiful when the sun is shining with clouds in the sky and the sun is peeking through, when the wind is blowing in my hair. flower

lauren

Back to top Go down

Post  sarah on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 am

I find all gods creation very beautiful. I think it is beautiful because it it so detailed and creative and there is so many things we still dont even know about it. The animals he created are all interesting with different personalitys and appearances. The way he created all humans is also beautiful we are all different and unique. :Dsara

sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Q. on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:59 am

I think water is nice because sounds nice when the water breaks or hits the wall, it is good to quench your thirst with a fresh clean taste, I also think water is beautiful in the ocean or river when the water is calm. Cool

Sean Q.

Back to top Go down

Tennessee

Post  Madison on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:00 am

I think that Tennessee is really beautiful. I love to go to Tennessee during the fall and winter. During the fall the trees change colors. During winter it snows and the colorful leaves fall off the trees. I also love going to Dollywood during Christmas-time because they decorate the park and preform a bunch of great Christmas shows.

Madison

Back to top Go down

re to last because i failed

Post  kenneth on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:00 am

I THINK true beauty is my girlfriend because she is the most beautiful thing in the world i have ever seen. sunny afro

kenneth

Back to top Go down

surfing

Post  devin on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 am

Something beautiful is a giant wave at the beach. When your out at the beach and your on your surf board and a huge wave that must be at least 5 feet tall and dark blue with no one else around you comes rolling into shore. you catch the wave with no one on ether side of u as u watch your board and the wave down below, you get water splashed into your face and you finally, make it to shore and fall off your board into shallow water and walk to your car and go home to a long and very well deserved soda and a nap. sleep for an hour and do it again

devin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 am

The American flag. Our flag symbolizes what we have been through. It has been with us through World War II, Desert Storm, and now it is in Afghanistan. Many people have given there lives for the American flag and I hope I will fight for our country too, but until then, I will fly our flag. Our flag has shown our strength and bravery. Our flag will never fall. When our flag is being flown on Independence Day, it shows that we as a nation are one.

Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down