May, 1st 2011

Go down

May, 1st 2011

Post  Admin on Mon May 02, 2011 6:25 am

Does society have the right to put someone to death? Discuss. (5 sentences)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

DEATH

Post  Samantha on Mon May 02, 2011 6:33 am

yes if they killed someone. eye for an eye in my opinion. like in the news osama bin laden was murdered but i think that it is fair. he killed TONS of people. but society cant just kill anyone, that wouldn't be right.

Samantha

Back to top Go down

Re: May, 1st 2011

Post  LexiO on Mon May 02, 2011 6:33 am

No society does have the right to put someone to death. Someone's death is not society's decision. It should be a lesson today because of what happened to Jesus Christ. Society goes with whatever one person says, its not right for a whole group of people to condemn someone to death. Society does not have full authority of all people for a reason.

LexiO

Back to top Go down

Society's Rights

Post  Trent Ki on Mon May 02, 2011 6:34 am

If it's the Army or Military and they're after a terrorist then yes because he deserves it but it all comes back to God and "Revenge is mine sayeth the Lord" God handles everything so if He let's it happen well you know what I mean then He must be allowing payback to the terrorist or terrorists.

Trent Ki

Back to top Go down

Post  ABurger on Mon May 02, 2011 6:35 am

Well of course !
Just like the whole Bin Laden situation. Seeings that he was a mega terrorist to the US, AND was the mastermind behind the death of thousands of people, we do have the right to fight to put him to death.

ABurger

Back to top Go down

Death to society

Post  KFreeman on Mon May 02, 2011 6:35 am

Yes, because if someone does something wrong to earn that consequence. Then they deserved to be killed. For example Osama bin Laden planned and killed hundreds of American men and women. And also he stroked fear in every American lives and hearts. Young soldiers went to their deaths. So yea I think someone like him should be shot several times.

KFreeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Furball on Mon May 02, 2011 6:35 am

In some ways yes and some ways no. Yes, because some things that people due are things that as the Bible says an eye for and eye a tooth for a tooth. No, because its not our job to judge others. In this it is Gods job to judge. This is my view.

Furball

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca M. on Mon May 02, 2011 6:36 am

Society should not have a right to put people to death. Your taking someone elses life. Why should we have hate and destroy people? Even if someone did wrong their punishment should not be death, we should not take revenge.

Becca M.

Back to top Go down

Post  ablank on Mon May 02, 2011 6:37 am

No, society does not have the right to put someone to death. I dont think its societies position to put someone to death. Society doesnt make those kind of decisions, like putting someone to death. Putting someone to death is a big deal, not just a little decision. Thats someones life, being taken for the things theyve done. But, most of the time they deserve it. Society does not have tha right.

ablank

Back to top Go down

Death

Post  greg on Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 am

yes i think society has the right to put someone to death. Because some people do deserve to die for what they have done. but also sometimes its more torture to have someone live for the rest of their lives in solitary confinement. either way they are both just punishments. death is not the right choice in all circumstances tho, that is when society must be able to think clearly and make the right decision.

greg

Back to top Go down

Post  jamison on Mon May 02, 2011 6:39 am

Yes, society has the right to put someone to death. If you have murdered an innocent individual you should be put to death. For example, Osama Bin Laden was just killed. He murdered many innocent Americans so i believe he deserved it. This applies to anyone who has done the same.

jamison

Back to top Go down

Post  M Kell on Mon May 02, 2011 6:39 am

I think it's wrong that the society is allow to put someone to death. They're killing a life that may be innocent [which probably happened before] but sometimes there's a point where someone needs to be put down. They are either murders, cereal killers, etc. which they do over and over again. I agree someone who is hurting many people should be taken down! That is why I thought it was a good idea that they put down Osama because killed so many people and trying to start terrorism, and set bombs off.

M Kell

Back to top Go down

Does society have the right to put someone to death?

Post  Jared R on Mon May 02, 2011 6:41 am

I do believe that society should be able to put to death someone who is a threat to the general public . If you now that someone is the cause that lead to the cost of human lives then i believe that by all means society has the right to put someone to death.If a man is in jail for premeditated murder of his wife then i believe yeah he should get the death penalty. I actually believe that death row should be abolished and next week executions should be made. If it is shown that a person is guilty of a crime deserving of the death penalty dont waste money every day feeding clothing and sustaining the man you are eventually going to kill it makes no sense and is a waste of money.

Jared R

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott on Mon May 02, 2011 6:43 am

No it does not. I think everyone deserves a trial even if they are guilty. Society does not have the power to put someone to death because they do not understand the laws. Society does not understand everything that a person does bad because society has opinions about certain things. Society feels some things are worse then other things and therefore will punish someone for something that may not be that bad.

Scott

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric D on Mon May 02, 2011 6:49 am

Yes, society has the right to put someone to death. If you have murdered an innocent individual you should be put to death. For example, Osama Bin Laden was just killed. He murdered many innocent Americans so i believe he deserved it. This applies to anyone who has done the same.

Eric D

Back to top Go down

Post  gfree on Tue May 03, 2011 6:34 am

good question. i believe that if they caused any amount of significant harm to people then they should be taken captive. if they resist, shoot them. everybody has a right to a trial, its just that some people have caused so much terror that it would be useless. some people deserve to be put to death, and the world is a better place without them.

gfree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down