May, 1st 2011

Go down

May, 1st 2011

Post  Admin on Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 am

Does society have the right to put someone to death? Discuss. (5 sentences)

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://mcswebdesign.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Re: May, 1st 2011

Post  Caitlin on Mon May 02, 2011 7:27 am

yes society has the right to put someone to death. If they are going around killing other people, they deserve to die too. It gives the family of the victims peace of mind. Also, it would make more room in the jails. It would cost less money for our society to not have to take care of them in jail. If you kill someone, society has the right to kill you back.

Caitlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheney b on Mon May 02, 2011 7:28 am

Yes, if they have one wrong that is unforgivable kill them.. why waste space?

Cheney b

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis... on Mon May 02, 2011 7:29 am

Yes if that person has killed many people and is a hazard to other people in the world. Then that person deserve to be dead or deserve the penalty of killing..

Otis...

Back to top Go down

Post  weathers on Mon May 02, 2011 7:29 am

this is a confusing topic and I don't really know what I think about it. I guess whatever society someone becomes a part of, they will go with the society's beliefs or help shape them. obviously America has decided that they can put someone to death for reasons like terrorism, and then there is the death penalty. societies govern themselves how they will. I don't agree with the government systems and the people they govern, so I don't really have an opinion concerning what they do in terms of right and wrong because I don't believe the same things as them.

weathers

Back to top Go down

Death Penalty

Post  Erik B on Mon May 02, 2011 7:31 am

I believe the society has the right to put someone to death. If that person is a threat to that society and cannot be kept in a prison or if that person will continue to commit immoral and unlawful crimes in prison.

Erik B

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda on Mon May 02, 2011 7:32 am

In my opinion, no, society does not have the right to put someone to death. Yes we have the power to, but it's ultimately up to God, whether or not the person has the right to live. But then again if they were slaying innocent people and reigning terror throughout the land, they do need to be stopped. So I guess it depends on the situation. Honestly, I'm neutral on the subject.

Amanda

Back to top Go down

death

Post  lmclean on Mon May 02, 2011 7:32 am

i think that as long as the person has a fair trail and pleads guilty, then yes, the society has reason to put him to death. if the person does not have a fair trail and his crime was not that of which deserves a death penalty and the society or jury says a death penalty i do not think that is right. also i feel that the death of someone is up to us. we don't know their heart or motives of someone.

lmclean

Back to top Go down

Post  katie pa on Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 am

Yes i think that they do if they have planned to attack America. In this case how he did get killed and he destroyed many American's families and they still have to go through this hardship by lossing their own family memebers either their mother or father. And since the person is gone since they were attacking out country we wont have to worry about The united states being in danger. And this has been done before so today to us its like not a problem to us Americans.

katie pa

Back to top Go down

Death

Post  Michelle on Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 am

Yes, they should think about their actions. & if they are causing other deaths they get what they deserve.

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheney b on Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 am

Yes, if they have one wrong that is unforgivable kill them.. why waste space? Society has been show to kind of knowing what they are doing. The world is getting over populated anyway, a little justice wouldn't hurt. If you don't want to be killed or harmed then just be good. That is my thought on this.

Cheney b

Back to top Go down

Death

Post  Hannah on Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 am

It depends on what the person their putting to death did. if they put to death someone who killed someone then yes but if they try to kill someone who stole something or just did a lesser crime then no. All depends on the situation, i do think tht if more of the bad people were put to death then the world would be a better place (:

Hannah

Back to top Go down

Post  kat on Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 am

i believe we have the right to put someone to death. however, we need to use that right with caution. putting someone to death for a crime isnt always the right choice. i say this because the real punishment is sitting in a cell having to think about everything you've ever done in your life. so what we should do is only use the death penalty in serious cases. aside from that i think we should just let someone sit in a cell for the rest of their life to think about what they did.

kat

Back to top Go down

die?

Post  emilya on Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 am

There are some nasty crazy people in this world and sometimes when a person goes around killing people and it is proved that they have no conscience and continue to do it after prison time the scociety has the right to end their life. It's for the good of the people, keeping safe is priority. Now if someone commits murder and regrets it, but is put on death rode that is wrong, because everyone deserves a chance to rebound their lives back together. Of course some people disagree with putting someone to death and rather see them in prison for life, which is partly a solution, but if that was done then the jails would not have enough cells to hold all of those people and they can't just let murderers out on the streets to repeat what got them in jail in the first place.

emilya

Back to top Go down

May 1st

Post  cmonds on Mon May 02, 2011 7:41 am

I think society has the right to put someone to death depending on what they have done. If someone has a fair trial and if the trial ends up being death then they have to except that sentence. But if someone does not then that is a major issue that needs to be looked upon, and that person does not have the right to be sentenced to death.

cmonds

Back to top Go down

blah blah blah

Post  bfos on Mon May 02, 2011 7:44 am

yes, if that person is killing people and putting society in danger then yes they need to die.

bfos

Back to top Go down

Post  levilall on Mon May 02, 2011 7:47 am

I believe that society has the right to determine the death of a criminal. If the criminal has been given a fair trial, and been rendered guilty of murdering someone, then why should he have the right to life himself? I understand the notion that by killing him more harm is done to society because another person is murdered, however, does this person actually deserve to live? Thus, I believe it depends on the circumstances upon why such a decision to murder was made, weighed in with the many variables that surround such an occurrence. Once everything has been taken into consideration, a decision can be made.

levilall

Back to top Go down

yes

Post  jacob h on Mon May 02, 2011 7:48 am

I think they should be able to put someone to death. If they broke the law in such a manner they should be killed.If they killed someone they should be killed as well. Bin lawden should have died a more painful death then a gun shot. Thats whats up.

jacob h

Back to top Go down

death

Post  sbledsoe on Mon May 02, 2011 7:51 am

i think society does have the right to put someone to death. If someone kills somebody else they deserve the death penalty because that would only be fair. Bin Laden is a good example he killed thousands of people so it was only the right thing for the united states to take him out.

sbledsoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell on Mon May 02, 2011 7:53 am

I think it is a good thing. If the person has done such a bad thing or things they should die. Their is no use of keeping some bad person in jail. That's where people need to not worry about him or her. Everyone has been doing this for a while and it should stay the same.

Russell

Back to top Go down

lalalboom

Post  Reedm on Mon May 02, 2011 7:54 am

I don't think people should be killed in public. First i don't think another person should have the right to kill another person. Have the power to legal kill another person is to much power for someone to have. Also killing someone in public does not solve the problem that the person cause i just humiliates them. That is why people shouldn't be killed in public.

Reedm

Back to top Go down

mer mer mer core class bleh bleh bleh

Post  Elizabet on Tue May 03, 2011 7:35 am

I think society does have the right to put someone to death if they are a threat. Osama was a threat to our country and society so i think that it was okay. He caused deaths and he put fear in many peoples lives. People that threaten the lives of other i think should be put to death so that there is comfort in peoples lives knowing that the person can not harm them. So society does have the right to put someone to death

Elizabet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down